Monday, October 6, 2008

Don't Mess with the Mustache

Jezebel had this vile bit of hate up on their site this morning.

I'd like to respond with this terse, image-only rebuttal.

Not only does it make a case for the mustache as a thing of beauty and adoration, it does so without invoking either of the 2 most commonly used examples to defend its noble position, aka the the Reynolds and the Selleck. The moustache does not need to do stoop to such levels. Such is the mustache's resilience and glory.

1. Young Sam Elliott

2. Dallas Cowboy, "Mr. Clutch" Drew Pearson

3. George Harrison

4. Billy Dee as Lando in Star Wars

5. Olympian Mark Spitz

6. Floyd the Muppet*


*Shut up. You know you'd totally do him. Who else you gonna get with? Dr. Teeth's a scary nutjob and Janice has herpes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only agree with Sam Elliott. Ethan Hawke looked good with a 'stache in 'The Newton Boys'. And my dad. Those are the only three men who look good with a mustache.

kersy said...

When I was very young to age 8 my dad sported a beard and combined with living in the 80s with a prolific amount of sweet 80s mustaches, I have always had a great love of Selleck facial hair. It is comforting to me in a incestuous Electra type way.

Sabina said...

For the record, I'm not a mustache fan myself, but I thought the Jezebel hate was a little weird and biased, too. Who are they to decide that a certain look is by definition unattractive?

sg said...

Wait, Janice has herpes?!


Jeez, you couldn't have told me sooner?