Thursday, April 3, 2008

(did that sound slutty?)

According to Gawker's Sheila McClear, female sex writers suck.


"To build your notoriety as a dude writer, it's important to have big ideas, or at least think you have them. For postmodern girls, however, it seems the fastest shortcut to getting attention is writing about sex or relationships, faux-frankly."

According to moi, she's the one who smooches the flesh snake.

Isn't this the same Sheila McClear who's shilling a a memoir about her days as a peep show girl?

Isn't this the same Sheila McClear who writes about one of the most tired-ass of hipster sex topics of all time, aka variety show burlesque?

Isn't this the same Sheila McClear who works for a blog so saturated with references to one of the most egregiously cliche mainstream prom queen female sex writers that I can barely stand to read it?

On behalf of myself and every girl who's ever written about fucking (or any other topic, for that matter) I cordially invite you to go get bent.

8 comments:

Sabina said...

I think I know the Gawker-referenced girl you're talking about, but I despise her too much to even click the link. Or to mention her name.

Thanks, though. Not that I needed an invitation, but I plan to get bent promptly.

Erin Bradley said...

Saying her name only makes her STRONGER!

Sabina said...

She's like the Voldemort of sex writers!

l1ck1ty said...

Silly Erin.

Writing about sex is only cool if you have silly-large boobs, tacky fashion taste and the edge of a butter knife.

We need you to lose the opinions, drop the sass, and work your bosom. then we can let you write about sex, like the unnamable.

Funny how gawker has one on staff, whom I think is pretty cool, btw.

Anonymous said...

And for the record, I used to work at the peep show with this girl, and she didn't make any money. Lady looks like a dude.

dane said...

Fuck the bitch.
I've been reading your articles/blogs on nerve since i was sixteen.
You're funny as Hell and as far as sex writers go, you rock.
*continued prop giving of the similar sort*

Jessie said...

Bravo! Thank you for writing the truth about this nasty girl. She is extremely hypocritical and one of the main reasons I stopped reading Gawker. She has torn apart a few of my fellow bloggers on Gawker for no apparent reason. I guess when your self-esteem is that low putting down people can make you feel that much better.

Jessie said...

Bravo! Thank you for writing the truth about this nasty girl. She is extremely hypocritical and one of the main reasons I stopped reading Gawker. She has torn apart a few of my fellow bloggers on Gawker for no apparent reason. I guess when your self-esteem is that low putting down people can make you feel that much better.