Monday, February 25, 2008

Your Hipster is in My Old Lady! Your Old Lady is in My Peanut Butter!


I watch QVC. A lot.

It's soothing.

My favorite shows are:

1. An Hour of Diamonique (CAN I GET SOME GLASS CHIPS! WHAT! WHAT!)

2. Around the Home (carbon monoxide detectors, power strips, & porcelain garden frogs)

3. Kirk's Folly Jewelry (hideous confections of crystals, stars, cherub faces, and seashells endowed with faux healing properties and marketed primarily towards ovarian cyst sufferers in Wisconsin)

Anyway, last night I got home from my Oscar Party and flipped on the Q and there's fucking Chloe Dao of Project Runway shilling blouses.

Not sure how I feel about this kind of crossover.

No one is supposed to know about my secret old lady.

What's next? Parker Posey in a Dove soap commercial?

If Fat Baby starts putting out bowls of bridge mix we will KNOW something seriously weird is going on.



p.s. In case you're 12 and don't get the title.

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

I feel like she didn't actually want to win PR. She was my least favorite winner yet. "oh. wow. really? i won. awesome."

Erin Bradley said...

Me too. Total dullsville. Her design sensibility is Kohl's. And all her stuff looked like a cast-off prom dress.

Alan said...

You definitely need to read Sellevision by Augusten Burroughs if you haven't already.

killahmcgillah said...

Yeah, how Santino didn't win Season 2 I'll never know...

But hey, if you were grouchy about Chloe showing up on QVC you're gonna be real pissed to hear that Mz. Laura Bennett is also riding the home-shopping wave of the future:

http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/2008/02/adventures-in-qvc-land.html

OLT said...

i hope one day i date a guy who was a kid actor in one of those commercials from the 80s.

Anonymous said...

What the hell is "bridge mix"?!